YOGA GARDEN 300-HOUR ADVANCED VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
With Mark Nelson and Nikki Robinson
ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR 500-HR. TEACHING CERTIFICATION?
• Are you at a plateau in your teaching or your practice?
• Have you only just scratched the surface of yogic philosophy and energetics?
• Do you want to deepen your understanding of anatomy as it relates to asana?
• Have you been inspired by experienced teachers and want to learn their methods?
• Do you need a challenge to spark your creativity and personal growth?
If you answered yes to the above questions, now may be the time to take your teaching and practice to the next level.
PROGRAM STARTS MAY 20, 2017 • NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
We all know that good yoga teachers are hard to come by, but really excellent teachers are just plain rare! To take your own teaching style from good to excellent, you need a deep toolbox filled with innovative, creative and dynamic teaching techniques. You need proven principles that can be applied in a broad range of situations.
If you’ve completed a 200-hr. program, that means you’ve established the basics of your teaching knowledge. But you can do more than that. You can become an exceptional yoga teacher. This 300-hr. Advanced Teacher Training will help you further the skills needed to create your own unique teaching style. Your classes will be dynamic, subtle, surprising and magical! The modules in this training will spark creative curiosity about your own personal development and will help you enhance the lives of your students.
Our program meets one weekend a month, ten months of the year, at the Yoga Garden studios in Narberth and South Philly. In addition to the in-studio weekends, we meet at The Himalayan Institute in the Pocono Mountains for an off-site immersion with master teachers. To complete the required elective hours, participants are required to attend additional approved workshops through the Yoga Garden over the course of 24 months. Participants have the flexibility to choose the topics of these workshops to enhance their specific areas of interest and can pace their learning to best suit their schedule. Upon completion, you can register with the Yoga Alliance to become a certified 500-hr. Registered Yoga Teacher.
If you can’t attend any of the Info Sessions, or if you simply have questions, please email Mark Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. He’ll be happy to answer your questions about our program!
A year of personal and professional transformation:
• Study enhanced teaching methods and applied practice of asana, pranayama, kriyas, meditation and other traditional aspects of yoga.
• Explore a modern approach to teaching methods that allow you to most effectively convey the principles of yoga to a mainstream student base.
• Develop your own personalized teaching style — Electives can be custom-tailored to support your specific teaching goals as well as your schedule.
• Move beyond basic class formats by cultivating acute observation skills that allow you to teach to what you see in the room — both to individual students and larger groups.
• Build clear communication skills that will take your teaching beyond generalized cues in order to guide your students more precisely and enable them to embody their practices.
• Increase your understanding of physical anatomy and its applications to asana, sequencing and adjustments, as well as re-programming the body for new, more healthful movement patterns.
• Create a real-world approach to the philosophy and energetic theories of yoga so you can apply them to your teaching and to your life.
• Practice innovative teaching styles through small and large group sessions, share ideas, work through new concepts and work side-by-side with your lead teachers.
• Learn teaching methods for a full range of Vinyasa, Yin and Restorative Yoga environments, as well as methods for specialized populations such as prenatal, elderly and yoga as a healing art.
300-hr. Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training Module Dates:
You’ll gather ten different times during the year with your key teachers and the entire group of advanced trainees to explore new teaching concepts through lectures, discussions and experiential small group work.
May 20-21, 2017
Jun. 24-25, 2017
(No required meetings in July and August. Enjoy your summer vacation!)
Sept. 16-17, 2017
Oct. 21-22, 2017
Nov. 4-5, 2017
Dec. 9-10, 2017
Jan. 20-21, 2018
Feb. 10-11, 2018
Mar. 10-11, 2018
Apr. 14-15, 2018
300-hr. Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training Info Sessions:
Come meet your teachers, ask questions, and get a more detailed overview of this comprehensive program.
March 11 (Saturday) • 12:30-1:30pm • Narberth Main Studio
April 21 (Friday) • 7:00-8:00pm • Narberth Training Center (Join Mark and Nikki for a Free Pop-Up Vinyasa class from 6:00-7:00pm at the Training Center)
May 12 (Friday) • 6:30-7:30pm Narberth Main Studio
Applications will be available at all info sessions. It is important for us to meet you in person before we commit to this journey together. We ask that all participants be 200-hr. registered yoga teachers with the Yoga Alliance and have at least one year of teaching experience since completing their 200-hr. certification. It is also essential that we have a chance to work with you personally in class before approving your application, so please plan to attend several classes at the Yoga Garden with both Mark and Nikki.
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required for enrollment, along with your application, and will be deducted from your tuition upon acceptance. Deposits will be returned if you are not accepted into the training.
• Attend ten weekend modules, totaling 150 contact hours.
• Attend at least 50 classes at the Yoga Garden during the training year.
• Attend and report on additional elective workshops through the Yoga Garden totaling 130 hours.
• Complete readings and written assignments as assigned.
Your enrollment fees cover all ten weekend modules during the course of the program, a weekend retreat with the group, 50 public classes at the Yoga Garden, as well as 130 hours of elective workshops at the Yoga Garden over the course of 24 months. We ask that you purchase any required reading materials separately. We will announce the readings monthly during the program.
$3,700 Early Bird by March 31, 2017
$3,900 Paid in Full by May 20, 2017
$4,000 Payment Plan ($317 x 12 automated monthly payments from your credit card)
Meet Your Teacher Trainers:
Mark Nelson • E-RYT 500
Mark has been practicing yoga since 1991. Early on, he fell in love with the feeling of openness and focus that comes from a regular practice. Where the spirit leads, the body will follow, and he soon discovered that he could move in ways he never thought possible.
That combination of mindfulness and movement drew him deeper into the practice, studying Ashtanga Yoga with such renowned teachers as David Swenson, Annie Pace and Jill Manning; Yin yoga with Paulie Zink; and Vinyasa Yoga with Corina Benner.
Mark is registered with Yoga Alliance as ERYT500.
Nikki Robinson • E-RYT 500
Nikki began her love affair with yoga as respite from a high intensity job on a trading floor in New York City. She was immediately attracted to the combination of restoration that yoga provides the heart and mind and the invigorating and empowering effect on the body the physical practice provides.
Nikki completed her 200 hour Anusara Teacher Training with Sue Elkind and Naime Jezzeny. She has also completed her Pre- and Post Natal training with Sue Elkind and Levels 1 & 2 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Jillian Pransky. She has supplemented her teacher training with extensive philosophy training with Susanna Harwood-Rubin. Nikki is currently pursuing studies in Anatomy at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, where she teaches YogAnatomy to students and staff.
Nikki uses precise alignment in every class she teaches to empower and encourage students of all levels in the most supportive, safe and loving environment. While she seeks to physically challenge her students during class, her classes are designed to be playful, bright and light-hearted so as to foster the very best in each student. Nikki lives in Wynnewood, PA with her family who continue to be her most challenging and loving yoga teachers.
Nikki is registered with Yoga Alliance as ERYT500.
Please contact Mark directly for more information:
610.909-7300 or email email@example.com