30-hour yoga immersions
• Has yoga become a regular part of your life?
• Do you feel like there's more to yoga than you can explore in an hour-long class?
• Do you want to go beneath the surface to see the concepts behind the practice?
• Do you want to know more but don't know where to start?
• Do you want to give yourself the gift of time to think, learn and grow?
THE CHAKRAS: AN ENERGETIC JOURNEY
A 30-HOUR IMMERSION WITH MARK NELSON
APRIL 27-28, MAY 18-19, JUNE 8-9
AT THE YOGA GARDEN IN NARBERTH
We’ve all heard of the Chakras, but what are they? Where are they? What does it feel like when your body is functioning with full, vibrant energy? How can you tap into that within yourself?
Chakras are energetic crossroads within your body. When those passages are open and fluid, we experience the full range of our humanity. We feel grounded and secure, motivated, energized, connected with the people around us, and with our own truth. Our thoughts go beyond just getting by and open up to the possibilities of life.
In this 30-hr. immersion over three weekends, we’ll look at six different areas of our physical body as a way of accessing your inherent energy. We’ll create a framework that you can apply to your own life in order to free up the energy within.
Students can expect:
- Dynamic, chakra-focused asana
- Principles of yoga philosophy and energetics
- Traditional and modern perspectives on energy
- Pranayama (breathing) techniques to calm, center and energize
- Mantra practice
- Techniques for home practice
- Meditation to culitvate self awareness
30-hour Chakra Immersion Dates:
Enrollment covers all three weekends.
Meet Your Teacher:
Mark Nelson • E-RYT 500
Mark was first drawn to yoga as a way of bringing balance to a busy career as a creative director. He quickly fell in love with the openness and clarity that come from a regular practice, and he soon discovered that it was transforming his mind as well as his body.
That combination of mindfulness and movement drew Mark deeper into the practice, studying Ashtanga Yoga with David Swenson and Annie Pace; Yin Yoga with Paulie Zink and Sally Miller; and Vinyasa Yoga with Corina Benner and Jill Manning. Mark completed his 200-hr. Teacher Training at Wake Up Yoga and his 500-hr. training through the Himalayan Institute in Honesdale, PA. Today he continues his studies under the guidance of Greg Walsh, Luke Ketterhagen, Leslie Kaminoff and Nikki Robinson.
As a life-long artist, Mark hopes to spark the creative process within his students. His classes unite breath with movement in a dynamic blend of physical challenge, inner focus and real-life philosophy. Mark has directed the Yoga Garden since 2010 and has shared the direction of the studio with Nikki Robinson since 2016. Mark enjoys spending time with his family who continue to be his most inspiring and loving yoga teachers.
Please contact Mark directly for more information:
610.909-7300 or email email@example.com